You know what’s better than using specialized eCommerce software?
Integrating that software to work together as one powerful machine that helps you 10x your marketing efforts, sales revenue, and productivity at the same time.
Enter: Sendlane’s API v.2!
In this post, we’ll walk you through our latest API upgrade, its key benefits, and how you can use it to supercharge your marketing and boost your revenue.
Let’s get into it!
What is API v.2 and Custom Integrations?
Sendlane’s API v.2 — along with custom integrations (an added set of features) — is designed to give you more control, flexibility, and efficiency over your eCommerce marketing by extracting “smart data” from your online store.
Smart data is accurate and unique data sourced from an online storefront and fed into the Sendlane platform.
As a store owner, you can use this data to craft more targeted segments and email campaigns in Sendlane, such as abandoned cart funnels, product recommendation emails, and more!
So, how does this work? What are custom integrations anyway?
Simply put, you can now integrate your Sendlane account with a completely custom eCommerce storefront. Sendlane’s new API will also be able to work in tandem with any existing eCommerce platform integrations with open API.
The result? You’ll be able to send in-depth, unique data about customer behavior, transaction history, and more to your Sendlane account, where it can be used to segment and target your audience better.
Let’s dive deeper into the various benefits of API v.2 and Custom Integrations:
Key benefits of API v.2 and Custom Integrations
Sendlane’s latest API upgrade offers both existing and potential users tons of benefits.
Unlike the previous API (API v.1), API v.2 is a lot easier to set up and will also expand the amount of user data available to you as a store owner. This will ultimately help you make better marketing decisions for your business!
Let’s take a look at some specific benefits of API v.2 and Custom Integrations:
- Easy to set up as a “deep-data” integration: Even if Sendlane does not currently support the eCommerce platform you're using, if it has an open API, you can connect your accounts and have it function as if it were a "deep-data" integration.
- Supports multiple integrations: You can easily connect multiple eCommerce stores to a single Sendlane account.
- Clearer error codes: Less confusing and more descriptive error codes will translate into less development work for you.
Now, let’s turn to the different use cases of this new upgrade so you can better understand how to use it to its max potential!
How to use API v.2 and Custom Integrations
Sendlane’s new API is for anyone and everyone running an eCommerce store or helping others run one. Here are examples of how various types of users can put this latest upgrade to action:
- Current users can integrate their Sendlane account with an online store that Sendlane doesn’t yet support integration with and have it perform just like a deep-data integration. Note that the eCommerce platform should have an open API for this to happen.
- New users can pass accurate and unique data about their customers to Sendlane, and use it to create targeted automations and capture a full picture of the customer experience.
- Agencies using Sendlane to manage client stores can pass contacts collected through capture forms, pull reporting data and even build a portal for their clients to see the reporting data they’ve pulled with the help of the API.
- eCommerce software vendors looking to integrate into Sendlane’s tech stack — instead of Sendlane needing to work on the integration with the smaller company. The company can build a MVP (minimum viable product) of an integration using Sendlane’s custom integration endpoints.
Switching to Sendlane API v.2:
Updating to API v.2 and Custom Integration will expand the available use of your store and customer data to create more powerful marketing campaigns, automations, and segments! We highly encourage users to make the update to V.2; current data that’s getting pushed to Sendlane will soon no longer be compatible since we’ll be sunsetting API v.1. in the near future.
Follow these steps to install API v.2 and custom integrations:
1. Create the integration in Sendlane: Inside your account, head to the integrations marketplace and select “Custom”
2. Work with your developer to connect API v.2 URLs & endpoints
3. Work with your developer to add tracking scripts to website headers
4. Set up your segments, automations, and campaigns
Follow these steps to update to API v.2 and Custom Integrations:
1. Work with your developer to match API v.1 with new v.2 versions
2. Have your developer update URLs and methods for API
Build a powerful eCommerce marketing engine with Sendlane’s API v.2 and Custom Integrations
With the new API, Sendlane can now integrate with pretty much any eCommerce store you have — regardless of whether it’s a custom storefront or is using third-party integrations.
The best part? Any integration with the new API is super easy to set up — just like our deep-data integrations — and does not have any confusing error codes!
By passing insightful user data from your store (or multiple stores) to your Sendlane account, you’re now able to make smart marketing decisions that help you boost engagement and sales, and grow your eCommerce store.
Ready to check it out for yourself? Sign up for Sendlane’s 14-day free trial and take it for a test drive!