SMS marketing is the secret weapon your eCommerce store needs.
While your customers are drowning under the weight of their inbox (and your "SALE NOW ON!" broadcast is lost in a sea of competitors), SMS open rates are around 98%.
But which app to choose? We've dug into 7 SMS apps for Shopify, so you don't have to. Simply grab a drink, scroll, and pick the best SMS marketing app for you.
Why you should integrate SMS with your Shopify Store
So, SMS marketing has higher engagement than email marketing. But why else should you consider it for your Shopify store?
- SMS campaigns are more personal than email, as there's still a novelty value to companies sending you a text message.
- SMS and MMS marketing is more cost-efficient than email or digital ads, so you can make your budget go further.
- SMS messages have higher conversion rates than other marketing channels, making it easier to nudge your customers along their purchasing journey.
All of these benefits mean integrating SMS with your Shopify store is a no-brainer.
If you're ready to drive leads, answer customer queries, and encourage repeat purchases, then here are the 7 best Shopify SMS marketing apps in 2022.
Best for: Multi-Store and Deep Data Integration
Sendlane is a powerful email and SMS marketing platform fully compatible with Shopify.
If you're managing multiple eCommerce stores, then Sendlane lets you bring all that data together on one platform. (Say goodbye to multiple logins and a million open tabs!)
Compared to other platforms, its UI is easy to navigate, and its customer service is more responsive.
Its powerful SMS and MMS messaging tools, detailed analytics, and segmentation options make it your #1 app for SMS in Shopify.
Here's what we like:
- Unite your data across your email and SMS marketing
- Use automated funnels and pre-built templates to save time
- Easy to set up and use
- Learn from customer actions with detailed analytics
- Increase conversion metrics with powerful segmentation options
- Increase sales on Shopify through SMS
All your customer data in one place
With Sendlane's powerful all-in-one platform, you can bring together customer data from across many channels. Not only does this make it easier for you to see all customer touchpoints, it also means you can give your customers a cohesive experience.
There's no point in reinventing the wheel. Sendlane knows eCommerce, and they have a whole library of SMS automation and ready-to-use templates. So you can jump right in and start sending powerful messages to your customers immediately!
Check out our blog for more ways to harness Shopify SMS marketing.
Powerful platforms don't have to be complicated. Sendlane's segmentation capabilities and personalization features can have a huge impact on your business. But they won't give you a migraine.
What it doesn’t offer
- Sendlane doesn't have a freemium option, but you can enjoy a 14-day free trial.
- SMS marketing is currently only available in the US and Canada.
Pricing and plans
Once your 14-day free trial is up, Sendlane has a transparent pricing structure. You can vary your plan to meet your specific email and SMS needs and then pay annually or monthly.
- Growth Plans: Start at $83/month for up to 5,000 contacts. You get access to all features, our all-star Product Support Team, the SMS subscription add-on, and access to eCommerce Academy - Email Marketing Basics & SMS Marketing Basics online courses
- Pro Plans: Start at $640/month for up to 50,000 contacts. You get access to everything in the Growth plan, plus custom onboarding, access to our Customer Success Team, monthly program reviews, and access to eCommerce Academy - Email Marketing Basics, Novice, and Intermediate, and SMS Marketing Basics online courses.
SMS/MMS subscriptions start from $100 (monthly) for 5,000 credits, or save even more with annual plans!
- 1 SMS = 1 credit
- 1 MMS = 3 credits
Learn how you can save 40% on your email & SMS bill and get started with a demo today!
Attentive is an SMS-first marketing platform that integrates with Shopify. Its easy-to-use interface is popular with customers, and its chat support is responsive. It has a wide range of integrations, and its tools help both large and small businesses drive more sales.
However, while Attentive has a lower entry price than some other SMS Marketing apps, costs quickly increase as more customers engage.
- Wide range of integrations
- Simple interface
- Responsive customer support
- Costs can quickly increase
- Limited reporting capabilities
- Pricing isn’t available upfront
- Platform is only available via desktop
Attentive's pricing is available on request only
Postscript helps Shopify businesses across many categories to send text message campaigns and manage customer interaction. With their platform, you can leverage historical data from your Shopify store to drive sales with targeted SMS communication.
- Solid automation capabilities
- Easy-to-navigate app
- Free plan available
- Limited analytics
- Pricing is on a use-it-or-lose-it credits system
Postscript does offer a free plan if you're at the beginning of your Shopify store. Plans go up to $500 for larger businesses.
A text marketing app powered by Yotpo, SMSBump serves eCommerce brands who want to send personalized messages to their customers. They offer a large library of SMS flows that can be tailored to your brand voice.
SMSBump is a great choice for brands with an international presence as they operate worldwide.
- Multi-channel subscriber collection
- Compliant with GDPR, TCPA, and CITA guidelines
- International coverage
- A/B testing is only available on the highest priced plan
SMSBump offers two plans for smaller businesses ($0 and %19 per month). Their custom packages start at $59 per month.
Emotive is an SMS app for Shopify focusing on conversational sms text messaging. It harnesses pre-built conversation flows and sends messages based on segmented customer data (such as which website pages they've recently visited).
Its focus on relationship building increases customer loyalty and lets you create personalized sms campaigns.
- Customizable conversation flows
- Large range of integrations
- Intuitive interface
- Front-end set up can take some time
- Higher cost, and no free plan
Emotive's plans start at $200 per month for up to 10,000 mobile phone sessions, heading up to $1000 per month for over 10,000 sessions.
Klaviyo is an all-in-one marketing platform incorporating email and SMS marketing. Integrating with over 300 eCommerce platforms, it works well with Shopify. And it offers strong segmentation, automation, and personalization functions.
- Omnichannel functions help monitor customer behavior
- Large range of Shopify integrations
- Steep learning curve at the beginning
- Lack of integration with setup RM systems
Pricing for Klaviyo starts low, but soon stacks up. Their SMS and email plan start at $60 a month for 1,250 SMS credits.
Another SMS marketing app, Voyage, helps you send targeted SMS campaigns to your Shopify customers. They focus on increasing your customer lifetime value through innovative segmentation and functions like abandoned cart recovery and welcome messages.
Using its AI-powered chatbot, automated conversations and flows can send pop-ups, SMS notifications, and product promotions to the people most interested.
- User-friendly platform
- Sophisticated segmentation functions
- Responsive customer service
- Unclear pricing
- Limited reporting functions
Voyage offers a free trial, but after that, its pricing isn't listed publicly.
How to integrate Sendlane with Shopify
Ready to get started? Here's how you integrate Sendlane with your Shopify store:
1. Make sure you have lists created in your Shopify store for abandoned cart, newsletter, buyers, and back-in-stock.
2. Select the one-click Shopify integration within sendlane’s integration marketplace
3. Upload the lists from Shopify into your Sendlane account.
4. Finalize your integration!
For more guidance and troubleshooting, here's our guide to integrating Shopify and Sendlane. Have specific questions? Our product support team is available via live chat 24/7/365!
Learn how you can save 40% on your email & SMS bill! Speak to a Sendlane expert today to get started.