Sendlane’s deep-data integration with WooCommerce lets you sync all your store and customer data with your email marketing account.
This helps you tailor your emails and deliver amazing customer experiences that translate into more revenue and repeat customers for you!
Who this guide is for:
WooCommerce sellers who are looking to leverage customer data to generate more sales and ROI for their store.
In this guide, you will learn:
- How to connect your WooCommerce store to Sendlane
- How to send more targeted emails to your contacts
- How to create abandoned cart funnels to win back lost sales
Let’s get started!
How to connect your WooCommerce store with Sendlane
Before you can start leveraging store data to send personalized emails to your contacts, you need to set up your WooCommerce-Sendlane integration.
Here’s a quick step-by-step to get you started:
- Log in to your WordPress website, and go to Settings → Permalink.
- Change the Common Settings and Product Permalink from Default to Custom.
- Choose any Custom Structure (this field cant be left blank.)
- Update Custom Base to product/, and hit Save.
- Navigate over to the Admin section, and find WooCommerce.
- Go to Settings → Advanced, and click on REST API.
- Click on Add Key, and then enter your key name, select yourself as the user, and choose Read/Write for the Permissions.
- The next section will show your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Keep that window open, and log into your Sendlane account in another window (don’t have an account yet? Start your 14-day free trial here.)
- Click on Integrations on your left, and select WooCommerce from the list of apps and platforms to set up your integration.
- Enter your Store Name, Store URL, REST API Key, REST API Secret, and choose a default list to sync your new customers.
- Click on Continue.
The system will take some time to process your integration. When the status changes Syncing to Installed, you’ll know your integration is complete.
For a more in-depth tutorial, check out our complete guide to integrating WooCommerce and Sendlane.
3 ways to make the most of Sendlane’s deep-data WooCommerce integration
Once your integration is all set up, you’ll be able to leverage over 100 data points to understand your contacts and how they interact with your store.
This will help you create targeted emails that are more likely to get opened, read and clicked on!
In other words, you’ll be able to generate more sales and conversions for your store, while ensuring your customers are having a great time!
Here are three ways you can leverage this integration to its max potential:
1. Access in-depth store data in Sendlane’s dashboard
With this integration, you’ll gain better insight into how well your store is doing and how much of that success is attributed to your email marketing efforts.
You’ll also be able to view metrics related to campaign performance, automations, deliverability, audience insight, and more!
Here’s a snapshot of what you can track in Sendlane:
- Audience insight
- Revenue earned by your store
- Revenue attribute to your integration
- Campaign performance
How to track and understand eCommerce data in Sendlane:
Inside your Sendlane dashboard, you’ll see a section on eCommerce, where you’ll be able to track data specific to your WooCommerce integration.
Here, you’ll be able to see a complete breakdown of the following:
- Revenue generated: Here, you’ll be able to see the total amount of revenue generated by your store, as well as the amount of revenue attributed to your email marketing efforts with the help of this integration.
- Percent attributed to total revenue: This vital metrics tells you what percentage of your total revenue is driven from your email marketing.
- Products sold: In this section, you’ll be able to see the total amount of products sold by your store, as well as the number of products sold specifically through your integration and emails.
- Total store revenue: Not only does your Sendlane and WooCommerce integration account show you how much your email is bringing in, it shows you the bigger picture and tracks your overall store revenue too.
- Revenue source: Here, you’ll see a percentage as well as a chart that shows you where you’re getting most of your revenue from.
Tracking all this information will help you understand how much your integration and email marketing efforts are contributing to the sales and success of your store.
This will give you better insight into whether you should invest more in your email marketing or not. It will also show you the ROI you’re getting out of your emails.
For example, if your integration revenue is considerably low as compared to your overall store revenue, you likely need to improve your email campaigns.
2. Create abandoned cart funnels to recover lost sales
Did you know that eCommerce brands lose around $18 billion in sales revenue each year due to cart abandonment?
That’s a lot of money.
The good news is that Sendlane helps you create cart abandonment emails that let you recover part, if not all, of those lost sales!
Abandoned cart emails are crafted especially for users who have shown interest in your store, but for some reason, have chosen not to complete their purchase.
These emails could be simple reminders, or offer a solution to the customer’s initial problem, such as high shipping costs, lack of clarity or trust, or a complicated checkout process.
With Sendlane, you can automate these emails based on customer activity, i.e. whenever someone abandons a cart.
How to create automated abandoned cart funnels for your WooCommerce store
- From the left-hand panel inside your Sendlane dashboard, click on Automations → New Automation.
- Click on Start From Scratch to create a new automation.
- Click on the box to Add a Trigger, and select the WooCommerce tab from the left-hand panel.
- Find and click on Customer abandoned checkout from the list of options.
- Customize the settings, such as your store name, limit per contact and the time after which a cart is considered to be abandoned.
- Add an email or insert more actions to customize your abandoned cart automation. Here’s what your automation could look like.
- Finally, Activate the automation when you're done.
For a more in-depth tutorial, check out our complete guide on how to retarget WooCommerce abandoned cart customers.
3. Create multivariable segments to send targeted emails
Another great way to use the Sendlane-WooCommerce integration is by creating highly targeted segments based on more than 100 data points and variables.
Sendlane lets you create hyper-targeted segments based on multiple variables at the same time.
For example, let’s say you run an online shoe store. You can create a segment of customers who:
- Have purchased from you in the past 30 days:
- Have been actively engaging with your emails in the past 30 days:
- Have a CLTV between $250-$350:
Let’s see how you can use this segmentation technique to boost CLTV.
How to use multivariable segmentation to boost CLTV
- Reward high CLTV customers with exclusive discounts. These people are loyal customers of your brand and do not hesitate to spread the word. You can reward these customers with exclusive discounts, or enter them into a loyalty program to make them buy from you over and over again.
- Send tailored product recommendation emails based on their past purchases. In this case, you can show them similar shoes, such as a new collection of stilettos, or other types of high heels.
- Give low CLTV customers that extra nudge to buy. Your low CLTV customers are going to need a little more convincing to hit that buy button. Incorporating social proof or a coupon for free shipping are excellent ways to make that offer more enticing.
Grow your WooCommerce business by integrating it with Sendlane’s email marketing platform
Email marketing can do wonders for your eCommerce store. But if you integrate your tools to work together, the impact can be multiplied by several times!
Sendlane’s WooCommerce integration lets you sync all your contact and store data so you can align your emails with what your customers actually want to read.
For you, this means more sales, ROI and happy customers!
Ready to boost your WooCommerce store? Sign up for Sendlane’s 14-day free trial and take it for a test drive!