Running an online store is not easy, especially when you’re selling in a competitive market.
To stand out, you need to invest in marketing software that goes beyond the basics, i.e., it helps you send targeted, data-driven messages.
With Sendlane’s deep-data integration for ClickBank, you can maximize customer experience and make more sales by syncing contact information, analyzing in-depth analytics, sending automated emails, and more!
Who this guide is for:
ClickBank sellers who are looking to leverage customer data to improve sales and ROI.
In this guide, you will learn:
- How to connect your ClickBank seller account with Sendlane
- How to track deep-data to send more targeted emails
- How to create automated abandoned cart funnels to recover lost sales
Let’s get started!
How to connect your ClickBank store with Sendlane
Before you start using Sendlane’s integration to send personalized emails, you need to set the integration up for your ClickBank store.
Here’s a quick step-by-step you can follow:
- Pull the Clerk API Key and Developer API Key from your ClickBank account.
- Log in to your Sendlane account (don’t have an account yet? Start your 14-day free trial here.)
- Click on Integrations on your left, and select ClickBank from the list of apps and platforms to set up your integration.
- You’ll need to name your integration on the screen that pops up and plug in the Clerk API Key and Developer API Key you pulled from your ClickBank store.
- Determine whether you need to copy the Secret Key. If you have multiple platforms connected with ClickBank, you need to copy the Secret Key from inside Sendlane. If not, you can move on without copying anything.
- Inside the Vendor Settings in your ClickBank store, go to My Site → Advanced Tools, and click on Edit to paste the Secret Key (if applicable.)
- Re-enter the secret key inside Sendlane while your integration is being set up (if applicable.)
- Paste the Instant Notification URL from your Sendlane account to ClickBank and click on Test IPN to verify the integration.
For a more in-depth tutorial with screenshots, check out our detailed guide to integrating ClickBank and Sendlane.
3 ways to personalize the customer experience with Sendlane’s ClickBank integration
1. Sync deep-data with your email list to retarget customers
By integrating Sendlane and ClickBank, you can automatically sync customer information to your email lists at the point of purchase.
This information could include customer names, emails, and demographics.
But basic customer information is not the only data you can access with the Sendlane-ClickBank integration.
The coolest thing about this integration is it gives you the ability to track dozens of insightful data points, including:
- Order value
- Purchase data
- Number of orders
- Customer lifetime value
- Customer location
- Order date
- Source name, and more
Leveraging this data helps you retarget customers with relevant and hyper-personalized emails to get them to purchase from you again!
How to leverage deep-data to trigger repeat purchases:
- Use personalization to improve email engagement and response. For example, you can use subscribers’ names in your subject lines and email content to grab their attention and connect with them on a more personal level.
- Recommend products your customers are likely to be interested in buying. For example, if someone previously purchased earphones from your store, you can recommend similar products, such as speakers and sound systems, in your marketing emails.
- Alert customers with relevant offers and discounts. For example, you can send them location-based deals or target them with discounts on products they’ve previously viewed or bought.
- Upsell customers based on past purchases. For example, if a customer just bought a camera from your store, you could upsell them with a camera bag and a prime lens to increase their average order value.
- Create “set it and forget it” automations to send targeted emails to customers based on their individual activity, such as order value, purchase date, product type, and more.
2. Create automated abandoned cart funnels to recover lost sales
By integrating Sendlane with your ClickBank store, you can automatically send targeted abandoned cart emails to win back shoppers.
Automation shouldn’t be difficult, so we made things pretty simple for you at Sendlane.
You can now add dynamic and pre-populated ClickBank content blocks to your abandoned cart emails to personalize them for each customer!
How to create automated abandoned cart funnels for your ClickBank store
- Log in to your ClickBank account, navigate Vendor Settings → My Features, and enable the Cart Abandonment checkbox.
- Inside the Sendlane email builder, click on the Content tab on the top-left corner.
- Find Integrations on your left, and double-click on the Abandoned Cart content block under it. You can also drag and drop the content block onto your email.
Adding this block will automatically personalize the information inside the email to each customer who receives it, such as product photos, names, and prices.
Check out this guide to creating automated abandoned cart funnels to make the most out of this feature and recover lost sales.
3. Create multivariable segments to boost customer LTV
Another great benefit of the Sendlane-ClickBank integration is you can get granular with your segmentation by leveraging multiple variables or data points.
For instance, you can identify customers who:
- Purchased a product from you in the past
- Actively engaged with your emails in the last 30 days
- Abandoned their cart in the past week
Because you have so much information on these specific customers, you can create an email that hits the nail on the head and gets them to finally buy from you.
How to leverage multivariable segments to boost customer LTV:
- Start by segmenting your contacts by three tiers: lowest CLTV, mid-CLTV, and highest CLTV (these are your brand champions right here)
- Create targeted messages based on these tiers. For example, you could incorporate social proof or a discount code in emails to your lowest CLTV segment, who probably needs a little extra TLC to make that purchase. Whereas your highest CLTV tier already knows and loves your brand and won’t need much more convincing.
- Take your segments a step further by getting even more granular. You can create segments based on engagement, product interest, purchase history, and demographics to make your messages hyper-personalized.
Creating these highly targeted segments based on multiple variables helps you boost customer LTV by driving engagement, repeat purchases, and customer loyalty.
Boost your eCommerce sales by integrating ClickBank and Sendlane
The secret to running a successful online store lies in your ability to deliver fantastic customer experiences that are hard to forget.
With Sendlane’s deep-data integration for ClickBank, you can do just that!
Instead of sending emails, send data-driven messages that your customers won’t be able to resist opening and clicking through to buy.
The more personalized your emails are, the more likely your customers will keep coming back to your store!
Ready to grow your eCommerce store? Sign up for Sendlane’s 14-day free trial and take it for a test drive!